Fifty cooks in the kitchen
Batavia men get cookin' for charity
BATAVIA - Batavians can fill their stomachs and satisfy their palates, all in support of a local charity, during 50 Men Who Cook, 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, March 23, at Lincoln Inn Banquets, 1345 South Batavia Avenue, Batavia.
In this fun-filled, delicious, fundraising event, 50 specially selected men demonstrate their cooking prowess for community residents, who act as judges. Attend the event and sample the delicious creations from our celebrity chefs and then cast your vote for best taste-sensation in each of several categories, as well as the best cook overall.
Proceeds from Suicide Prevention Services of America events and fundraisers stay in the local community to support SPS programs and services advancing the cause for suicide prevention.Tickets are $50 in advance and $60 at the door. Call (630) 482-9699.
More Food & Drink News
- Wine, Cheese and Trees fundraiser to support reforestation, garden
- Former Urban Grille space generating interest
- Uncorked: Italian winemaker’s Cannubi worth wait
- Readers, writers come together at Town House Books' author dinners
- Downtown St. Charles bar will reopen as a restaurant
- Planit Wine Club: 2011 Gschweicher Klassik Grüner Veltliner
- Mystery Diner: Jambalaya serves tasty N’awlins fare
- Uncorked: Altitude creates distinct characteristics in wine
- Dawn’s Beach Hut provides tropical atmosphere during winter’s grip
- Downtown St. Charles restaurant Prime Bistro appears to have closed