Arts festival set for Maple Park
The Kaneland Community Fine Arts Festival is set for 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, April 21, on the campus of Kaneland High School 47W326 Keslinger Road, Maple Park.
This free event showcases more than 20 professional visual and performing artists and offers workshops and experiences with the Arts for all ages.
This year, performers include the Chicago Cubs Dixieland Band, a square dance band, M&M Dance Company, Waubonsee Community College Steel Band, and the Maud Powell String Ensemble of the Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Art mediums represented at this year's Festival are glass fusing, jewelry, digital art, illustration, caricatures, silhouettes, acrylic miniatures, oil painting, and photography. Pre-K guests have a special area with storytime from local libraries and all professional artwork is for sale.
For more information, visit www.kanelandartsfestival.org
More Arts News
- Batavia's Art in your Eye festival expanding
- Filmmakers share insights in Geneva
- Chit Chat: Writer really cooks
- New playwright festival to showcase local talent
- Fine Line to present ‘Nature of Clay’ exhibition of ceramic works