Hundreds enjoy 30 Men vs. 30 Women Who Cook competition
By KANE COUNTY CHRONICLE - firstname.lastname@example.org
ST. CHARLES – Local celebrities brought their culinary prowess April 19 to the fifth annual 30 Men vs. 30 Women Who Cook, a fundraiser presented by the Geneva Chamber of Commerce to benefit the Geneva History Center, Geneva Lions Club and Rotary Club of Geneva.
Sixty men and women volunteered their time and talent to create their favorite appetizer, side dish, entrée and dessert for the community.
There were approximately 1,000 attendees who tasted samples and voted for a “Peoples’ Choice Award” in each of the four categories.
Winners included Dave Press with The Little Traveler for best side dish (Asian Slaw); Rick Romano with Morgan Stanley for best appetizer (Salmon Dip); Nick Ninedorf with Edward Jones for best entrée (Smoked Beef Brisket); and Tami Miller of Charles Miller Lawn and Snow for best dessert (Snow Balls).
The Best of Show award was presented to Matthew Hart of Hart Chiropractic, who brought smoothies to the event.
More Dining News
- Uncorked: Tablas winemaker expertly managing 3-year drought
- A culinary mission: Gaetano’s Batavia restaurant features Italian fusion recipes
- Mystery Diner: Nobel House a prize eatery in Geneva
- Scouts to host pancake breakfast in Elburn on Aug. 16
- Uncorked: Soil and elevation help Daou winemaker