Park district to offer bird watching class at Bliss Woods Forest Preserve
By KANE COUNTY CHRONICLE - email@example.com
SUGAR GROVE – The Sugar Grove Park District is offering a beginning bird watching class from 7 to 9 a.m. Saturday, May 4, at Bliss Woods Forest Preserve, 5S660 Bliss Road, Sugar Grove.
This class will introduce participants to using binoculars, how to look for field marks for easier identification, how to listen and follow a bird and how to sort out clues and use the field guide to get an identification.
Meet in the inner parking lot. Participants should dress for the weather, and bring a bird guide and binoculars.
The cost of the class is $5.
Contact the Sugar Grove Park District at 630 466-7436 to learn how to register.
The class will be led by naturalist Mary Ochsenschlager.
More Recreation/Hobbies News
- Pheasant Run to host 'Fun Family Palooza'
- Uncorked: Italian winemaker’s Cannubi worth wait
- Folksinger Mark Dvorak to host evening of story and song
- Readers, writers come together at Town House Books' author dinners
- Ghost hunters seek paranormal evidence at O'Brien's Pub