Geneva History Center to host 'Start With a Sketch' exhibition
By KANE COUNTY CHRONICLE - email@example.com
GENEVA – Start With A Sketch is an exhibition designed and developed by Geneva History Center highlighting the rich culture of illustration through the talented cartoonists, illustrators and voice actors connected to the Geneva community.
The exhibition showcases original artwork from center's archival collection and includes a large collaboration with artists (and their families) past and present. It will feature well-known artists such as Daws Butler, the voice of Yogi Bear and many Hanna Barbera characters along with Chester Gould, creator of the Dick Tracy comic strip.
Other local artists include George Borg, John Jarvis, Charley Krebs, Evans and Rebecca Krehbiel, R.J. Ogren and Tom Lichtenheld. This exhibition is open until Saturday, Nov. 2.
For more information, please visit www.genevahistorycenter.org.
The Geneva History Center is at 113 South Third Street in Geneva. The museum is open Tuesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
More Arts News
- Award-winning poet to visit ECC
- Student artwork on display at Kaneland Fine Arts Festival
- St. Charles resident’s design chosen to grace back of Seigle’s delivery trucks
- ECC to host Latino Film Festival for second year
- Statistician to headline Fermilab art-math exhibit