American Cancer Society to host 42nd annual Walk, Roll event Saturday
By KANE COUNTY CHRONICLE - email@example.com
ELGIN – The American Cancer Society's 42nd annual Walk and Roll event will be at 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 11, at Festival Park in Elgin.
Registration for the event starts at 8 a.m. Participants can choose to walk five miles, skate 10 miles or bike 15 miles to help raise money to fight all forms of cancer.
There is a registration fee of $15 for all participants 18 and older, and participation can be in teams or individually.
Participants who raise $100 will receive a T-shirt and could win additional prizes.
Wagons, strollers, tricycles and wheelchairs are welcome. Walkers with leashed dogs can walk the "puppy path."
The goal is to raise $1 million statewide to help the American Cancer Society provide free resources and support to cancer patients.
For information, visit www.walkroll.org or call 630-879-9009, ext. 3.
More Family Fun News
- Planit 5: Things to do in and around Kane County
- Batavia library friends to celebrate All Hallow's Read
- Durant House Museum to host Hearth Cooking Day
- Batavia Block Party provides food, fun on both sides of river
- Music, storytelling still keep crowds coming to annual folk fest