Friends of the Viking Ship Open House set for Saturday
By KANE COUNTY CHRONICLE - firstname.lastname@example.org
GENEVA – The Viking Ship from the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition is housed at Good Templar Park in Geneva. Attendees will have a chance to view and learn about Illinois’ largest remaining artifact from the Columbian Exposition from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 18.
The Friends of the Vikin Ship will describe the ship’s amazing voyage from Bergen, Norway, to the exposition and its subsequent adventures. The cost is $5 for adults, $3 for teens ages 13 to 19 and $1 for children ages 5 to 12.
Good Templar Park is located at 528 East Side Drive in Geneva.
For more information, visit www.vikingship.us.
More Family Fun News
- National Toasted Marshmallow Day to be celebrated Aug. 30 in Geneva
- Geneva Park District Kite Festival to take place Sept. 6
- Kane County Audubon to host bird walk in St. Charles on Aug. 23
- Kids invited to participate in dinosaur program on Aug. 14
- Scouts to host pancake breakfast in Elburn on Aug. 16