Batavia's Music Matters Summer Concert Series kicks off July 5
By KANE COUNTY CHRONICLE - firstname.lastname@example.org
BATAVIA – As part of the inaugural Music Matters Summer Concert Series, bands from around the Chicago area will perform the first and third Fridays of July and August. The free performances will take place from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Peg Bond enter Pavilion at the Batavia Riverwalk.
“Batavia is my home where I grew up and now where I live,” Music Matters owner Jeff Matter said in a news release. “Part of the reason I opened Music Matters in Batavia was to give back to the community that gave so much to me. So, in the spirit of giving back, we want to bring this concert series to downtown and give more people an opportunity to enjoy the amenities right in their backyard.”
The concert series will kick off July 5 with Texas rock and blues by Noah’s Arcade.
“Batavia is known as an arts community, and we are thrilled that our local businesses like to be involved, bringing these music performances to Batavia,” Batavia MainStreet executive director Joi Cuartero said in the release. “The beautiful Batavia Riverwalk as a backdrop is an added bonus.”
The schedule for the Music Matters concert series is as follows.
• July 5 – Noah’s Arcade will perform Texas Rock and blues.
• July 19 – Heartache Tonight is an Eagles tribute band and will perform the band's hits.
• August 2 – Midnight will perform an songs by artists Frank Sinatra, Bon Jovi and more.
• August 16 – Cattleprod! is an organic blues-based group.
For more information, visit www.DowntownBatavia.com or call 630-761-3528.
For more information on Music Matters, visit www.MusicMattersSchool.com or call 630-406-8742.
More Live Music News
- Artist Q&A: Traffic co-founder Dave Mason
- Music groups join forces for Operatic Treasures concert
- Sugar Ray, Blues Traveler, more to rock RiverEdge Park in July
- Music runs deep in Costner family
- Party in the Park set for May 31 in Batavia