Waterline Writers group to host open mic night Sunday
By KANE COUNTY CHRONICLE - email@example.com
BATAVIA – The Waterline Writers' second annual open mic night is set for 7 p.m. Sunday, July 21, at Water Street Studios, 160 S. Water St., Batavia.
Those who want to read should arrive by 6:30 p.m. to sign up. There will be no advance signups. All creative writers may sign up, even those who have recently read at Waterline. The event also will feature musicians who are willing to read their original lyrics before playing the song. There is a five-minute time limit. Participants should choose a short piece, practice to make sure they can read it in five minutes, and be prepared to be cut off. There is no cost.
For information, visit www.waterlinewriters.org or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Arts News
- Chit Chat: Writer really cooks
- New playwright festival to showcase local talent
- Fine Line to present ‘Nature of Clay’ exhibition of ceramic works
- Waubonsee showcasing faculty art through Feb. 24
- Chit Chat: Honoring diversity