River Rockhouse restaurant to reopen Monday
By ERIC SCHELKOPF - email@example.com
ST. CHARLES – The owners of River Rockhouse in downtown St. Charles will plan for a reopening of the restaurant portion of the business Monday at 106 S. Riverside Ave., St. Charles.
Aaron Turner, part of the family that owns the building and business, said there will be a soft opening Monday for the new restaurant, with a grand opening in a week or two. The new restaurant, which will be open for lunch and dinner, will be a family friendly restaurant specializing in craft beer and pizza, Turner said.
An individual who previously operated a restaurant in California will lease the space, he said.
“He wants to try craft beers and do good food and good service,” Turner said. “I think that it will do very well.”
The River Rockhouse in July announced on its Facebook page it was closing temporarily. The music portion of the venue remains closed. Turner said the River Rockhouse had struggled to draw enough patrons to its live music shows to justify operation of the venue.
The club previously had operated as Chord on Blues after it opened in 1996. But in spring 2012, the owners decided to take the club in a new musical direction, changing its name to the River Rockhouse and bringing in rock and indie bands.
The club also featured comedy acts.
More Dining News
- O’ Sole Mio opens doors to newest location in St. Charles
- Mystery Diner: Liu Brothers brings B.Y.O.B. Chinese bistro to St. Charles
- Where the chefs roam: Local restaurant industry leaders share favorite dining spots
- A winemaker’s odyssey
- Orchard Ale Fest event set at Kuipers
- St. Charles McDonald's on west side reopens
- Mystery Diner: Patten House injects southern charm into Geneva dining scene
- Boxcar Train eatery closed, space available for rent
- Taste of the Town: Josef’s Elegante in Geneva takes pride in selling quality meats, pastas, fish
- Transcendence about great wine and causes