Jazz to take over St. Charles this weekend
By PLANIT KANE - email@example.com
ST. CHARLES – St. Charles Jazz Weekend will be Thursday, Sept. 12, through Sunday, Sept. 15, at eight venues in St. Charles.
“The purpose of Jazz Weekend is to give people the opportunity to enjoy great jazz music, while showcasing a variety of downtown venues,” said Lynne Schwartz, executive director of the Downtown St. Charles Partnership, in a release. The partnership helps organize the event, which is sponsored by the Kane County Chronicle, among other organizations.
“Last year, we had positive feedback from the patrons, musicians and hosting venues, and are excited to be offering the experience again this year,” Schwartz said.
The schedule is as follows:
• On Thursday, Sept. 12, Chicago OGD will perform at 6 p.m. at the Filling Station; The Humble Organisms will perform at 8 p.m. at The House Pub; and the Jeffers/Catalano Organ Trio will perform at 8:30 p.m. at McNally’s Irish Pub.
• On Friday, Sept. 13, the Andy Schlinder Trio will perform at 6 p.m. at Alibi; the Chris Madsen Duo will perform at Isacco Kitchen; and the Frank Catalano Saxtet will perform at 9:30 p.m.
• On Saturday, Sept. 14, the Andy Schlinder Duo will perform at 11 a.m. at The Office; the Chris Madsen Duo will perform at 6 p.m. at Isacco Kitchen; the St. Charles North Jazz Combo will perform at 6 p.m. at the Filling Station Pub; the Brothers Jazz Experience will perform at 7 p.m. at Biggby Coffee; Rat Pack Jazz will perform at 7 p.m. at Nuova Italia Ristorante; The Maxwell Quartet will perform at 7 p.m. at McNally’s Irish Pub; and the Frank Catalano Saxtet will perform at 9:30 p.m. at The House Pub.
• On Sunday, Sept. 15, The Alyssa Allgood Quartet will perform at 8 p.m. at The House Pub.
For information, call 630-443-3967 or visit www.downtownstcharles.org/events/stcjazzweekend.
More Live Music News
- Aurora native to host album release party
- Folksinger Mark Dvorak to host evening of story and song
- Ensemble takes trip to ‘Russia’
- Registration underway for Granquist Music Competition
- Fox Valley Orchestra to present free concert