Batavia Viking Lodge to host chili cook-off
By PLANIT KANE - firstname.lastname@example.org
BATAVIA – The Batavia Viking Lodge has planned its third annual chili cook-off for 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, at 104 N. VanNortwick Ave., Batavia.
The event will benefit Batavia United Way and the Illinois Fire Safety Alliance Burn Camp. Tasting tickets cost $5 each and are available from Batavia Viking members and the Batavia United Way. All are welcome to participate. Cooks will prepare the chili on site, with no fillers. The entry fee to cook is $20.
For information, call Bill Pierson of Illinois' local CASI chapter, the Chillini Chili Pod, at 630-879-7934 or call Jody Haltenhof of Batavia United Way at 630-879-4041 or send email to email@example.com. A downloadable PDFwith an entry form is available at www.BataviaUnitedWay.org.
More Dining News
- Chef creates fall menu for Oktoberfest
- Taste of the Town: Riverside Pizza & Pub making name for itself
- Uncorked: Difference in soil, elevation produces two distinct wines
- ECC to present blues and brats during Bratoberfest
- Fay’s BBQ to benefit Marmion-Rosary band