Maple Park Chili Cook-off set for Saturday
By KANE COUNTY CHRONICLE - firstname.lastname@example.org
MAPLE PARK – Kuipers Family Farm is partnering with Chili Appreciation Society International at its annual Chili Cook-Off Saturday, Oct. 19, at 1N318 Watson Road, Maple Park.
Cooks must report at 9 a.m., and the public is welcome at 2 p.m. Visitors can sample the entries for a $5 donation. This year’s event will benefit Conley Outreach Community Services’ grief services.
About 20 cooks are expected for the event, but walk-ins are welcome. Registration forms and entry requirements can be found at www.conleyoutreach.org and may be turned in the morning of the event. The cost of registration is $20 per cook/team.
All chili submitted for judging must be made on site from scratch. Extra crock pots of pre-made chili are acceptable for the public tasting portion of the event.
For information about the cook-off, contact Cheryl Hackbarth at 815-827-5200, ext. 103 or email@example.com.
More information about CASI can be found at www.chili.org.
More Dining News
- Eatery celebrates National Chocolate Day with truffle challenge
- Heritage Prairie Farm to host annual Artisan Craft and Food Fair
- Corner Grind opens in downtown Elburn
- Uncorked: Turn of events leads to special vintage of wine
- Mystery Diner: Feel like family at St. Charles’ Sushi Yama