Maple Park Chili Cook-off set for Saturday
By KANE COUNTY CHRONICLE - email@example.com
MAPLE PARK – Kuipers Family Farm is partnering with Chili Appreciation Society International at its annual Chili Cook-Off Saturday, Oct. 19, at 1N318 Watson Road, Maple Park.
Cooks must report at 9 a.m., and the public is welcome at 2 p.m. Visitors can sample the entries for a $5 donation. This year’s event will benefit Conley Outreach Community Services’ grief services.
About 20 cooks are expected for the event, but walk-ins are welcome. Registration forms and entry requirements can be found at www.conleyoutreach.org and may be turned in the morning of the event. The cost of registration is $20 per cook/team.
All chili submitted for judging must be made on site from scratch. Extra crock pots of pre-made chili are acceptable for the public tasting portion of the event.
For information about the cook-off, contact Cheryl Hackbarth at 815-827-5200, ext. 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about CASI can be found at www.chili.org.
More Dining News
- O’ Sole Mio opens doors to newest location in St. Charles
- Mystery Diner: Liu Brothers brings B.Y.O.B. Chinese bistro to St. Charles
- Where the chefs roam: Local restaurant industry leaders share favorite dining spots
- A winemaker’s odyssey
- Orchard Ale Fest event set at Kuipers
- St. Charles McDonald's on west side reopens
- Mystery Diner: Patten House injects southern charm into Geneva dining scene
- Boxcar Train eatery closed, space available for rent
- Taste of the Town: Josef’s Elegante in Geneva takes pride in selling quality meats, pastas, fish
- Transcendence about great wine and causes