Biggby Coffee's downtown St. Charles location closes
By ASHLEY SLOBODA - email@example.com
ST. CHARLES – Biggby Coffee in downtown St. Charles has closed, its Michigan-based corporate office confirmed Tuesday.
Biggby Coffee opened in March in the first floor of the building at 117 W. Main St., St. Charles, which also houses Szechwan Restaurant and Forever Yogurt.
Owner Todd Madziarczyk did not return messages seeking comment.
Lynne Schwartz, executive director of the Downtown St. Charles Partnership, said the coffee shop was a great addition to downtown.
"We're really sad to see them go," she said.
Biggby Coffee participated in such partnership events as St. Charles Jazz Weekend and STC Live, Schwartz said.
"They definitely got involved in downtown, which was great," she said. "We enjoyed working with Todd and everyone there, and we wish them the best."
More Dining News
- Crowds savor food delights at 60 Men Who Cook
- Mystery Diner: Isacco’s Kitchen specializes in Northern Italian cuisine
- Slice of Life: Wine steward's expertise aids Herrington Inn diners
- Stirring up culinary creations at 60 Men Who Cook
- Poblano Pepper Grill closed during lease transfer