St. Charles artist wins Best of Show at South Dakota art event
By PLANIT KANE - email@example.com
A local artist recently was awarded Best of Show at the 10th annual SculptureWalk Sioux Falls 2013 exhibit in South Dakota.
Ray Kobald of St. Charles won the award for a bronze sculpture of a young man emerging from the water while carrying his bounty – a fish atop his head. Kobald’s work, entitled “From the Water,” was one of many pieces on display from world-renowned artists in Sioux Falls, S.D., in 2013, according to a news release.
According to the release, when Kobald was young, he developed an interest in the American West and Native-American cultures and traditions. Many of his paintings, sculptures and executions in mixed media reflect this interest. His work can be found in galleries and public displays throughout the western U.S. The sculpture is currently available for purchase for $33,000, according to the release.
For information about the sculpture walk in South Dakota visit sculpturewalksiouxfalls.com.
More Lifestyle News
- George W. Bush to appear at Naperville book signing
- Tom’s Cookbook Library: Chocolate delights from an expert
- Chit Chat: Writing the ‘Great American Novel’
- Planit 5: Top five things to do in Kane County this weekend
- Noah’s Arcade to perform Saturday in Aurora