St. Charles artist wins Best of Show at South Dakota art event
By PLANIT KANE - firstname.lastname@example.org
A local artist recently was awarded Best of Show at the 10th annual SculptureWalk Sioux Falls 2013 exhibit in South Dakota.
Ray Kobald of St. Charles won the award for a bronze sculpture of a young man emerging from the water while carrying his bounty – a fish atop his head. Kobald’s work, entitled “From the Water,” was one of many pieces on display from world-renowned artists in Sioux Falls, S.D., in 2013, according to a news release.
According to the release, when Kobald was young, he developed an interest in the American West and Native-American cultures and traditions. Many of his paintings, sculptures and executions in mixed media reflect this interest. His work can be found in galleries and public displays throughout the western U.S. The sculpture is currently available for purchase for $33,000, according to the release.
For information about the sculpture walk in South Dakota visit sculpturewalksiouxfalls.com.
More People News
- Former Miss America runner-up to represent Geneva in state competition
- Award-winning poet to visit ECC
- Music runs deep in Costner family
- St. Charles resident’s design chosen to grace back of Seigle’s delivery trucks
- Statistician to headline Fermilab art-math exhibit